NEWS: PEDALLING 45KMH OVER ROOFTAPS AND THROUGH SOMEONES LIVING ROOM
Posted 4 months ago
NEWS: PEDALLING 45KMH OVER ROOFTAPS AND THROUGH SOMEONE'S LIVING ROOM
RIDERS TACKLE THE 2KM URBAN DOWNHILL TRACK IN CHILE AT RED BULL VALPARAÍSO
More than 20,000 fans filled the World Heritage city hills during the 16th edition of Red Bull Valparaíso Cerro Abajo in Chile.
YOU WOULDN'T WANNA MISS THIS IF YOU COULD HELP IT!
Czech rider Tomas Slavík performed another faultless run down the urban city track and was crowned champion for the second year in a row.
(The winning run!)
HERE'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- 35 riders from all over the world took the qualifiers with 15 bikers making it through to the big final.
- The track in the Chilean coastal city of Valparaíso is built overnight so the riders do not get to see it until race day ahead of their runs.
- The top 3 riders were:
- 1. Tomas Slavik (CZE) 2:42,101,
- 2. Matt Walker (NZL) 2:42,643,
- 3. Matías Núñez (CHI) 2:44,504
- The urban downhill track is more technical than your normal downhill dirt track with tighter, scarier turns and hardly any room to crash.
- Riders launch themselves out of someone's living room to start the spellbinding course that clocks in around 2km (1.24miles).
- They descend from a height of 254.59m (835.26ft) down hundreds of steps at speeds of 45km/h when pedalling and 60km/h without pedalling.
- As well as the steps, riders have to negotiate one thrilling ROOFTOP along with the famous Boccaccio stairs that measure 240m in length.
- After passing Bismarck Square and Atahualpa Street, the riders reach the finish at Aníbal Pinto Square at an altitude of 28.57m (93.74ft).
And you only need to say "Awesome!" after watching Tomas Slavik's winning run.
All information, photos and video by Redbull.
You must be logged in to comment
|PRODUCT: ODI GRIPS|
PRODUCT: ODI GRIPS THE LEADING BRAND IN GRIP TECHNOLOGY To...
|PROMOTION: ENJOY YOUR YEAR END HOLIDA...|
PROMOTION: ENJOY YOUR YEAR END HOLIDAY WITH AN EVIL INSURGENT Have a E...