EVENT: THE COAST CYCLES X BIKEZILLA MASS RIDE
Posted 8 months ago
EVENT: THE COAST CYCLES X BIKEZILLA MASS RIDE
ENJOY A DAY OF SINGAPORE SINGLE TRACKS WITH THE NEW COAST CYCLES TRAIL BIKES
It's time for another Bikezilla Mass Ride! This round, we celebrate the joy of riding single tracks. And how do you do that? Ride those sweet single tracks of course!
CELEBRATE SINGLE TRACKS
The fun thing about single tracks is that it is best accessed by hiking of cycling. And in our opinion, cycling is the better choice. (Ed: that's our personal opinions, we understand that not all would agree to this. Chill.) With a competent trail bike, you could enjoy an immersive experience in the heart of nature, letting it sweep pass you as you receive feedback from the ground via your wheels and shocks. You look further ahead and you see features which could provide you some fun and challenges. You cleared them - flared some styles along the way, and flowed on ahead in search for the next feature. All this while soaking in the surrounding - a place that gives you a grand sense of freedom and carefreeness. While we can do that with or without a kick-ass group ride, isn't it more fun when you can do that with a big group of friends once in a while? With additional perks like a demo day and some freebies and a chance to make even more new friends, the choice is quite obvious now, isn't it? Fun + Fun. Let's ride!
LET'S RIDE TRAIL
Date: Friday, 30th March 2018
Meeting Venue: Chestnut Point, Chestnut Nature Park (along Chestnut Avenue)
Ride Route: Chestnut Point, Bukit Timah MTB Trail, Chestnut North and Chestnut South MTB Trail
Time: 8.00 am
- 8.00 am Assemble at Chestnut Trail Point Amphitheatre
- 8.15 am Attendance and T-shirt distribution
- 8.35 am Safety Briefing
- 8.45 am Group Photo & Off to Bukit Timah MTB Trail
- 10.30 am All to complete Bukit Timah MTB Trail and assemble at Chestnut South Trailhead
- 10.35 am Chestnut North MTB Trail: Chestnut Point - Tenderfoot - Little Wings - Cubs - Blue Quail - Grasshopper - Bangkit Hut - Pango - Black Crawler - Bangkit Hut - Chestnut Point
- 11.10 am All to assemble at Chestnut South Trailhead - Coast Cycle Demo Loops at Chestnut South
- 12.15 am "Special Closing Program"
- 1.00 pm Event ends
* Time stated are approximation and serve as a guide only. For participants who need to leave early, please inform one of the Bikezilla riders.
** For riders who wish to take a shorter route, there will be an alternative route announced during safety briefing
(Demo Day for Coast Cycles trail bikes! Don't miss this opportunity!)
DEMO DAY FOR COAST CYCLES TRAIL BIKES
Our homegrown brand Coast Cycles launched 2 trail bikes recently. We had a great first impression ride with them and were pleasantly surprised with the experience. We will tell you more about the bikes later this week. Meantime, we invite you to experience the Coast Cyles Atom and Axis at Chestnut South MTB Trail and let us know how you find these bikes. Don't miss this demo day!
- Registration via Bikezilla Facebook Event Page
- Assemble at designated trail head only
- Safety and Indemnity briefing will be conducted before the ride. (All participants will need to fill up an indemnity form before ride)
- Chestnut North MTB is approximately 4 km of easy ride. (estimate)
- Ride groups will be led, guided and swept by Bikezilla personnel.
- Only names that are registered with us, with completed contact details and indemnity form signed will be regarded as participants of the Bikezilla Mass Ride.
- Participants are reminded to ride within their physical fitness and technical expertise limits only
Should a rider encounter technical difficulties, Bikezilla riders will try their best to help solve the problem. Problem solving is limited to whatever resources we have on site. In the case of a flat tyre, Bikezilla riders will give time for rider to change his/her own tyre tube(s). Those who do not know how to change a tyre's inner tube would be given on-site training, but participant(s) would be expected to change their own inner tube.
RIDER'S SKILL REQUIREMENT
Riders with AVERAGE trail riding experience. For riders who wish to have a shorter ride, they can join the Leisure Group, which would take on a shorter route.
PARTICIPANTS TO BE EQUIPPED WITH THE FOLLOWING
Protective armor (optional)
Water bottle to mount on bike or hydration backpack
Spare tube for your bike with basic tools
Money for basic expenses and emergencies
Mobile Phone (recommended)
In the event of very bad weather, we will announce the cancelation via our website and social media
We will then postpone the ride to the following week or a date set by the organizer.
(T-Shirt design for the coming mass ride)
Mark your calendars folks and see you on the 30th March 2018!
Special Thanks to Coast Cycles for this event
This event is supported by ourSGFund
Photos by Bikezilla
Trail maps and information by Nparks
You must be logged in to comment
|ED NOTE: E-MOUNTAIN BIKES DOES HAVE A...|
ED NOTE: E-MOUNTAIN BIKES DOES HAVE A PLACE IN THIS SPORT LET'S PUT ASIDE ALL PERSONA...
|PROMOTION: ENJOY YOUR YEAR END HOLIDA...|
PROMOTION: ENJOY YOUR YEAR END HOLIDAY WITH AN EVIL INSURGENT Have a E...